5 cool conventional and less conventional ideas to help you store your herbs.
There are many clever ways you can go about storing your herbs. Whichever method you choose, it is important to keep a few things in mind. In order to preserve the quality of your herbs, it is important to store them in a dry, cool place, away from light and moisture. Some herbs don’t really thrive when they are exposed to light and heat, and most herbal products will suffer from excessive moisture. Cold temperatures and high heat levels are also ill-advised, as they might compromise the quality of the products! If you are looking for some additional ideas and herb storage solutions, read on to find out more!
1) The Tic Tac DIY hack: have any tic tac boxes laying around? These are absolutely perfect to be recycled as herb containers, as the built-in dispenser opening makes it really easy for you to access your herbs. Tic tac containers are also particularly perfect if you need to get some of your herb somewhere else, perhaps at a party or as a gift for a friend to try out.
2) Wall-mount herb storage: Wall-mounted herb racks are becoming increasingly popular. They can help you save a lot of space and they can really de-clutter your kitchen counter or cupboards. This is a practical solution that also looks quite cool!
3) Pull-out racks or spice drawers: Under-shelf units such as pull-out racks are perfect to store your herbs systematically, as they also might further shelter them from exposure to sunlight and excessive moisture. These units are also known for being quite practical, as they can help you organize space, and save lots of room in your cupboards! If you are not particularly keen on showing off your herbs, this might be the right solution for you.
4) Magnetic herb containers: this is becoming a really popular option. It can be practical, convenient and stylish, particularly if you find some cool honeycomb style models, which can allow you to seamlessly organize the spices in a flat vertical surface fit for a magnet. Be careful: magnets might lose their strength over time and you could easily hit a container by accident and cause a big mess!
5) BuyHerbGrinder.com's Airtight Stash Jars with Silicone seal! We think these amazing jars are the perfect solution for storing and preserving your precious herbs. Do you need these containers? Just ask your self these three simple questions:
If you answered yes to any of them then our herb storage jars are the perfect solution. The durable silicone ring ensures a perfect seal every single time and the food-grade plastic will not leach into your bud or absorb any smells. The main construction material, high-density plastic, is lightweight & virtually indestructible. Each jar measures 3 inches wide so you'll be able to get a bowl or your fingers in there quite easily. Silicone rings prevents smells from escaping and keeps your contents fresh, and the clear jar will always let you know when it's time to fill up.